Having a car is similar to keeping your body in good shape. To maintain a fit body for a longer period, you must work and eat properly daily. Similarly, buying a car is not enough; you must maintain it for it to stay operating smoothly for you. However, to save money, people frequently misunderstand this and fail to properly maintain their vehicles. But, the reality is that you are taking a significant risk and you may end up spending much more money to restore the damage to the car. And one of the most avoidable services is balancing the tyres.
What is Tyre Balancing?
For the equal distribution of tyres’ weight, modern tyres have small weights connected along the edges of the wheels. Tyre balancing is the process of adjusting these weights to ensure that each tyre is balanced equally. Let us be clear here that tyre balancing and wheel alignment are different things.
Why is It Important?
One of the suggested services specified in your car’s owner manual is tyre balancing. Tyre balancing is essential for getting the maximum performance out of a vehicle and extending the life of tyres. Balancing your tyres can provide you with a better ride in addition to keeping you safe.
Reasons to Balance Your Car Tyres:
As we have seen above, it is very important to maintain the balance of your tyre hence you should regularly opt for tyre balance and maintenance services. Here are some more reasons why you need to balance your car tyres.
1. Because Safety First!
– An imbalanced tyre can create vibration while you are driving and you could also lose control over your steering which leads to an uncomfortable ride experience. They can also develop worn areas and uneven tread wear, which can be harmful. Preventative maintenance, such as tyre balancing, goes a long way towards ensuring that your car is always in good working order and also guarantees your safety while driving.
2. Saves Extra Money!
– If your tyres are imbalanced, you could probably experience side-to-side vibrations or even powerful forward rotations. This will cause your tyre’s tread to tear down and as a result, you may have to replace your tyres frequently. Tyre balancing service can prevent this issue and hence your money is saved. Balanced tyres also ensure that they wear down at the same rate, allowing you to buy a full set of four tyres rather than two at a time saving your extra cost.
3. You Can Enjoy a Smooth Ride!
– When all the four tyres of your car are balanced, your car can run smoothly following the perfect alignment. It is the biggest and most noticeable benefit of the tyre balancing service. The vibrations are reduced or eliminated when your tyres are balanced, providing you with a comfortable and smooth ride.
4. Get Better Gas Mileage!
– Balancing your tyres helps gas mileage in the same way as maintaining your tyre pressure does. You can’t drive evenly if your tyres are not balanced. And if you are driving unevenly, then there are chances that your tyre will wear down at different rates which will use more fuel and can reduce the overall gas mileage. As a result, by opting for tyre balance servicing, you can avoid wear that reduces your vehicle’s fuel economy, thus saving you money.
5. Protect Your Vehicle’s Suspension
– Imbalanced tyres can cause the suspension to your vehicle because of the vibrations getting more and more developed over time. This can even lead to any huge damage to your car which will lead to increased expense. Hence it is better to balance your tyres to protect your vehicle from suspension.
6. Extend Your Tyre Life
– Wheel balancing helps your tyres last longer by ensuring that the tread wears evenly because balanced wheels stay even on the road without bouncing or creating vibrations. Hence balanced tyres will keep the tyre safe and will increase the tyre life which will ultimately save your money.
What is The Ideal Time to Opt For Tyre Balancing Service?
Typically, this highly recommended service can be performed every 3-7,000 miles or every six months, whichever comes first. It can, however, differ depending on how often you drive and what your regular driving or weather conditions are. You can also choose tyre balancing whenever you go for a regular car maintenance service. Apart from all this, if you detect any unusual signs at any time like your tyre vibrating or pulling in any particular direction, frequent noises while starting or driving the car, bald spots on the tyre, lower fuel economy etc. then you should immediately get your tyres checked by the professionals and follow their guidance for choosing the tyre balance service.
We have seen that there are many benefits and no disadvantages of choosing the tyre balancing service. Tyre imbalance can cause problems for all: tyres, vehicles and drivers. Hence it is very much important to get your tyre balanced at regular intervals of time as mentioned above.
If you want to get your car’s tyres balanced and also don’t have the time for it at the same time then don’t worry, we Swift Tyre Specialists are here for you. Contact us right away so that we can reach your preferred location and provide you with our excellent tyre balancing service.